Man injured in crane collapse files $30M claim against NYC

156

A man who was injured after a large construction crane collapsed in New York City last month has filed a $30 million claim against the city.

The New York Daily News reports 73-year-old Thomas O’Brien, of North Easton, Massachusetts, filed the notice of claim Friday.

O’Brien says he was sitting in his parked car when the crane’s boom crashed down on the car’s roof Feb. 5. He alleges the city was negligent in monitoring the Manhattan construction site.

The crane fell as it was being lowered amid roughly 20 mph winds in a snow squall. The cause is still under investigation.

Wall Street worker David Wichs was killed in the collapse. Three others, including O’Brien, were injured.

A spokesman for the city’s law department says it will review O’Brien’s claim.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

Hey there!

Forgot password?

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Close
of

Processing files…